Re: XCode Project File Bug

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 20:15:25 EST

    Mike Jackson wrote:
    > OK.. I'll go for that explanation. I think I am getting confused on some
    > basic ideas behind WOLipse though. I created the usual HelloWorld
    > WOApplication to test out WOLipse. Things seem to work fine. Building
    > and running from Eclipse is something new that I could definitely get
    > used to ;-). BUT when I opened up Main.wo in WOBuilder none of the usual
    > class variables/methods showed up? Usually there is "Application" and
    > "Session" objects in the lower part of the WOBuilder window. Where are
    > these at? If I open the project with Xcode then the "Application" and
    > "Session" selections suddenly appear? I am sure I am missing something
    > very basic here that I just am not seeing in the documentation.

    It must have been mentioned on this list so many times that no one
    thought to add it in a prominent place to the docs (assuming you are on
    MacOS X):

    WOBuilder likes to talk to it's buddy XCode about the projects opened
    currently, this is the way it find's out about those interesting members
    to show you in the lower part of the window.

    And WOBuilder doesn't like talking to strangers, that's why it can't ask
    WOLips about those things (and that won't change until someone takes
    heart and introduces them to each other).

    Harald
    PS: I apologize for the anthropomorphisms, it's already quite late here.