Queries about WOLips, EOModeler & Ant

From: Lance French (lanc..renchathome.net)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 18:21:37 EST

    Hi,

    I'm new to this list, WOLips and WebObjects so please forgive any stupid
    questions. I'm working on Windows XP SP2, Java 1.4.2_06, Eclipse 3.0.1,
    WOLips 1.1.0.90 RC3 and WO 5.2.2

    I'm trying to understand what WOLips/Wonder does and doesn't do for me.
    First impressions seem to indicate that it does most of the housekeeping
    required for building/deploying WO apps. However, I've hit a conceptual
    brick wall with reqard to how it interacts with EOModels.

    I am trying to create a new EOModel and use the generation gap pattern with
    either eogenerator or WOGen, following the advice in 'Practical WebObjects'.
    I use the Wizard to create a new model and want to give each entity class
    its own name rather than use EOGenericRecord. I have created a new builder
    to do this using eogenerator which seems to work. However, I'd prefer it to
    be integrated in the Ant build file. Based on the info in Practical
    WebObjects I was expecting to see a target in build.xml like <target
    name="generate.eos" depends = "setProps"> which I'd then modify to use
    eogenerator. However, this does not appear in my build.xml. Is this
    correct?

    Also, it seems that there can be multiple <exec ... statements within a
    target. Why?

    Finally, what is the difference between Incremental & 'Use Ant' build
    styles? I'm using Incremental; could this be relevant to the above?

    Thanks in advance,

    Lance