Re: Queries about WOLips, EOModeler & Ant

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 06:31:36 EST

    Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Dec 27, 2004, at 3:21 PM, Lance French wrote:
    >> I use the Wizard to create a new model and want to give each entity class
    >> its own name rather than use EOGenericRecord. I have created a new
    >> builder
    >> to do this using eogenerator which seems to work. However, I'd prefer
    >> it to
    >> be integrated in the Ant build file. Based on the info in Practical
    >> WebObjects I was expecting to see a target in build.xml like <target
    >> name="generate.eos" depends = "setProps"> which I'd then modify to use
    >> eogenerator. However, this does not appear in my build.xml. Is this
    >> correct?
    >>
    > yes, that is not part of WOLips/WProject. The wogen task is part of it
    > and is supposed to accomplish the same thing. I have never used it so I
    > have no advice on configuring it.

    There is some documentation in WOLips (use Eclipse help to view it)
    explaining how to set up EO generation. It took me less than 5 minutes
    to figure out how it works from the documentation. Ask again if it takes
    you much longer ...

    >> Finally, what is the difference between Incremental & 'Use Ant' build
    >> styles? I'm using Incremental; could this be relevant to the above?
    >>
    > One the Ant task creates a jar file and the incremental does not. The
    > incremental does the minimum needed to create the resources needed for a
    > successful launch. The Ant builder creates a deploy ready package. The
    > incremental is faster. IIRC, that was its purpose.

    Exactly. There is one other difference -- the incremental build always
    flattens resources while the ant build usually doesn't.

    Harald