Re: [ANN] WOComponentRenamer plugin

From: Brendan Duddridge (brenda..lickspace.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 10:54:29 EST

    Ok, so here's what happened when I renamed using version 1.0.1:

    I had a discrepancy between the name of my .java file and the name of my
    component, so I corrected that first:

    move src/ShippingInfoPage.java src/ShippingInformationPage.java
        A src/ShippingInformationPage.java
        D src/ShippingInfoPage.java

    Then I used Eclipse refactoring to rename my Java file from
    ShippingInformationPage to ShippingAndTaxesPage:

    add -N src/ShippingAndTaxesPage.java
        A src/ShippingAndTaxesPage.java
    delete --force src/ShippingInformationPage.java
        D src/ShippingInformationPage.java
    delete --force Components/ShippingInformationPage.api
        D Components/ShippingInformationPage.api
    delete --force
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.html
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.html
    delete --force
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.wod
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.wod
    delete --force
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.woo
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.woo
    delete --force Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.html
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.woo
    Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.wod
        D Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo

    However, I believe that I have now lost history on the java file. I don't
    really care about history on the WO component directory or its contents, but
    I would like to keep history on the .java file. Would it be possible to
    maintain the renaming of the .java file and do the copy and delete of just
    the WO component directory?

    Here's the output from 'svn status':

    ? Components/ShippingAndTaxesPage.wo
    ? Components/ShippingAndTaxesPage.api
    D Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo
    D Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.html
    D Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.woo
    D Components/ShippingInformationPage.wo/ShippingInformationPage.wod
    D Components/ShippingInformationPage.api
    A src/ShippingAndTaxesPage.java
    D src/ShippingInfoPage.java
    M PB.project

    I think there should be an A+ next to the src/ShippingAndTaxesPage.java
    entry.

    Thanks,

    Brendan Duddridge

    ClickSpace Interactive Inc.