Re: WOLips and jMechanic run configuration

From: logan.allre..onvergys.com
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 13:07:44 EST

    Eclipse 3 and WOLips want there to be a feature for jMechanic before it
    will enable the Profiled WOApplication. I found a zip file in the archives
    to do this:

    http://www.objectstyle.org/woproject/lists/woproject-dev/2004/08/0203.html

    You unarchive this locally, then do an Help->Software Updates->Find and
    install new features, and choose this unarchived folder as a Local update
    site. You should then be able to install the jMechanic feature, and the
    Profiled WOApplication will become available in the Debug launch
    configurations. I just figured out how to do this 3 days ago, so let me
    know if you have any troubles. Sometimes you have to quit eclipse and
    delete everything in your configuration folder inside your eclipse folder
    except for your config.ini and restart eclipse.

    I suddenly seem to remember that the provided zip file may have not been
    setup quite properly and I had to rezip it up for it to work for me. You
    can also try the one here, I think this is the one I fixed and ended up
    using:

    http://homepage.mac.com/logan/jMechanic.zip

    On Mac OS X, I still had problems doing any profiling becuase of an error
    in the JVM profiler. I've had this problem before, and no one appears to
    know anything about it, though one other person has reported it on this
    list as well. It's not specific to jMechanic or WOLips, but the JVM
    itself. I haven't tested this out on my Windows box yet, but I plan to
    soon.

    Good luck,

    Logan Allred

    Matthias Jakob <Matthias.Jako..akwa.de>
    02/10/2005 04:42 AM

            To: woproject-de..bjectstyle.org
            cc:
            Subject: WOLips and jMechanic run configuration

    Hi there!

    I've installed jmechanic.eclipse.profiler_0.6.0 and WOLips
    org.objectstyle.wolips_1.1.0.102.

    But there is no Profiled WOApplication run configuration!

    What's wrong?

    Matthias