Re: EOModel-based code completion?

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 05:06:38 EST

    Am 21.02.2005 um 10:48 schrieb Jean Pierre Malrieu:

    > Eclipse is such a good IDE, and you guys who wrote WOLips are so
    > clever that I am wondering whether it would be possible to enhance
    > Eclipse code completion to include EOModel based information. For
    > example, in functions like takeStoredValueForKey or
    > addObjectToBothSidesOfRelationshipWithKey, or objectsForEntityNamed, I
    > would appreciate to be proposed a set of keys. And if a key I use
    > does not exist for a given entity, I would appreciate to be warned
    > exactly the same way I am warned of java syntax errors.

    One could probably do this, but as you could also use key paths or not
    call addFooToBar directly, it would probably be not so useful anyway.

    Why not simply auto-generate an interface like:

    public interface MyEOModel {
            public interface MyEntity {
                    public String someKey = "someKey";
                    public String someOtherKey = "someOtherKey";
            }
    }

    you could then import MyEOModel.MyEntity in your classes and let the
    the code completion handle the rest (you'd use MyEntity.someKey instead
    of "someKey").

    Cheers, Anjo