Problem running Web Services WO server _within_ WOLips

From: Des Oates (doate..dobe.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 09:44:59 EST

    I have a problem running my WebServices server project within Eclipse.
    It is reproducible on Mac and Windows. (Machine Specs given below) I
    think its a classpath /version conflict problem but need some help
    identifying where this conflict can be resolved.

    This is only a development problem. I'm using the incremental build
    option within WOLips and that itself seems to be fine. It does build a
    valid server woa file. which, if I double click, will launch and run
    perfectly. Furthermore, if I 'install' the application using the WOLips
    context menu option, it also will install and run fine under
    "/System/Library/WebObjects/Applications/" (or Windows equivalient)
    and can control as you would expect using Monitor.

    However, if I try to run it from within Eclipse as a WOApplication I
    get an error. I did notice that this error never occurred until I
    added the Web Services frameworks to my project. and I don't get the
    problem with XCode, but we have several Windows only developers, so the
    Eclipse solution is what we need.

    The error log is :
    [2005-03-04 14:28:53 GMT] <main> Creating LifebeatThread now with:
    server 50343 deslaptop.local 1085 30000
    Welcome to server !
    Initializing WebServices... <--- this is mine
    [2005-03-04 14:28:55 GMT] <main> A fatal exception occurred:
    com.webobjects.webservices.support.WOXMLProvider.getRoles()Ljava/util/
    List;
    [2005-03-04 14:28:55 GMT] <main> java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
    com.webobjects.webservices.support.WOXMLProvider.getRoles()Ljava/util/
    List;
            at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.refreshGlobalOptions(AxisEngine.java:479)
            at
    com.webobjects.webservices.support.WOXMLProvider.doConfigureEngine(WOXML
    Provider.java:85)
            at
    com.webobjects.webservices.support.WOXMLProvider.configureEngine(WOXMLPr
    ovider.java:99)
            at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:162)
            at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:146)
            at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.<init>(AxisServer.java:87)
            at
    com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWebService.initServer(WOWebService.j
    ava:113)
            at
    com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWebService.registerService(WOWebServ
    ice.java:147)
            at
    com.webobjects.appserver.WOWebServiceRegistrar.registerWebService(WOWebS
    erviceRegistrar.java:144)
            at Application.initWebServices(Application.java:32)
            at Application.<init>(Application.java:20)
    Method)

    This looks to me like a version conflict related to Axis libraries but
    if this is the case, then why do I not get this conflict in deployment?

    Anyone got any suggestions?

    TIA
    Des

    System info