Re: [ANN] WOComponentRenamer plugin

From: Fabian Peters (lists.fabia..-lumo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 10:44:42 EST

    Hi Anjo, hi Mike,

    >>> As far as contributing this to WOLips, if people find this to be
    >>> useful, absolutely ...
    >>
    >> Cool! Its a very useful tool, so I'll try to integrate it.
    >
    > Thanks again for providing this feature!

    I finally got around to play with this plugin - thanks a lot, it works
    flawlessly!

    Alas, one little thing that bugs me: Due to the fact that a new .wo
    directory gets created, subversion's revision history for the directory
    and the contained files is lost. So far, I've used "svn mv --force" to
    keep revision information when renaming OldName.wo to NewName.wo:

    svn mv OldName.wo/OldName.html NewName.wo/NewName.html
    svn mv OldName.wo/OldName.wod NewName.wo/NewName.wod
    svn mv OldName.wo/OldName.woo NewName.wo/NewName.woo
    svn mv --force OldName.wo NewName.wo

    Alternatively

    svn mv OldName.wo/OldName.html NewName.wo/NewName.html
    svn mv OldName.wo/OldName.wod NewName.wo/NewName.wod
    svn mv OldName.wo/OldName.woo NewName.wo/NewName.woo
    svn cp OldName.wo NewName.wo
    svn rm --force OldName.wo

    I have no idea whether there is any way one could model this from
    within eclipse or not. Would be the icing on the cake... ;-)

    For some reason I also lost the revision history for the .api file,
    while it was kept for the .java?

    cheers

    Fabian