using woproject with more complex directory structure

From: Will Norris (wnorri..mail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 11:04:30 EST

    Searching google provided only
    <http://www.objectstyle.org/woproject/lists/woproject-dev/2002/10/0009.html>
    and I'm afraid I may already know the answer to my question, but let's
    try anyway. If there is another thread discussing this, just point me
    in that direction.

    In trying to structure all of my project files in a more logical way,
    I'm running into some problems with the PB.project file that is
    generated. My directory structure goes a little something like..

    src/java -- *.java
    src/resources -- eomodels and such
    src/web -- web resources
    src/components -- *.java for wocomponents
    src/components/resources -- *.api & *.wo

    because of the location of my component resource files, my PB.project
    file contains something similar to
    WO_COMPONENTS =
    (
       src/wocomponents/resources/Main.wo,
       src/wocomponents/resources/PageWrapper.wo,
    )

    When I want to add a PageWrapper component to my Main component, I can
    do one of two things in WOBuilder for the class name...

    1) "src/wocomponents/resources/PageWrapper" -- If i choose this, then
    WOBuilder finds the correct files and allows me to set the bindings
    normally; everything seems normal. However, when I actually run the
    application, it is unable to find the component. At runtime, all the
    components are in "Contents/Resources", but I believe it is looking
    for this one in "Contents/Resources/src/wocomponents/resources/"

    2) "PageWrapper" -- with this, it finds the correct component at
    runtime but WOBuilder can't find the component at design time.

    I know the easy solution is to place all my components in the root
    directory (as Ulrich mentioned in his post), but this provides for a
    very messy Project directory and just feels like a bad way to do
    things. Am I stuck with doing that, or is there another way people
    have figured out?

    Thanks,
    Will