Re: using woproject with more complex directory structure

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 14:34:05 EDT

    On Apr 3, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

    > "Chuck Hill" <chil..lobal-village.net> wrote:
    >
    >>> src/components -- *.java for wocomponents
    >>>
    >> Use packages
    >> Project/src/com/foo/bar/components/*.java
    >>

    >>> src/components/resources -- *.api & *.wo
    >>>
    >> Use a sub-project:
    >> Projects/Components.subproj/
    >> You have to manually move the .java files to
    >> Project/src/com/foo/bar/components/*.java after WOBuilder creates
    >> them,
    >> but only once.
    >
    > Question: I have just used a subproject for WOComponents which seems
    > to work
    > well. Some time ago I have tested subfolders and/or packages for
    > components
    > and wasn't really successful, because they coudn't find Session or
    > application (in WOBuilder and if I remember correctly I had also some
    > problems at runtime).
    >
    > ARE there any to rules to follow?

    Packages work fine for the Java classes of components and the Java
    classes only. Remember that WOBuilder, EOModeler etc. know nothing of
    Eclipse and WOLips projects. They rely on the information in the
    PB.project file. And ProjectBuild's mechanism for organizing files was
    the sub-project. You need to stick to that convention so that the
    tools can see your files.

    Chuck

    --
    Practical WebObjects - a book for intermediate WebObjects developers
    who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects, or those