Re: XCode convert Questions

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 16:12:13 EDT

    On Apr 20, 2005, at 7:42 PM, Greg wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have recently moved my project from Xcode to wolips and love the
    > improved productivity, but I have a few questions to help me how to
    > maximise it a bit more.
    >
    > 1. With XCode and WOBuilder you could change some html in a page a
    > click reload in the browser and it would automatically reflect in the
    > browser without having to restart the application. Using wolips I
    > cannot seem to get this functionality - I have to stop and restart the
    > application to see the changes. Is there something I need to setup to
    > get this to work?

    There should not be. It works for me and I don't recall doing
    anything. Check your PB.project file to ensure that the correct .wo
    packages are listed (and not the ones built into the framework or
    somewhere else).

    > 2. I cannot seem to get WOBuilder to load the api files, so when I go
    > to bind an attribute, the list of bindings is empty. They are all
    > listed in the PB.project file under WOAPP_RESOURCES.

    It is starting to sound as if the "framework hack" was not done
    properly and WOBuilder is not seeing the PB.project file.

    > 3. In eclipse using the wolips perspective, in the bottom left hand
    > corner, where it lists the related files, I have 2 sets of files, 1
    > located in /src/ and the other located in /bin/. When I right click on
    > a java file and go "Open WO Component" both the src and bin files get
    > opened. I have to check which file is the src file so I edit it and
    > not the bin one. I have the incremental builder set for my project.

    I've seen that happen before. Something was configured wrongly, but I
    don't recall what. Check the source path of the project, that might be
    it.

    Chuck

    --
    Practical WebObjects - a book for intermediate WebObjects developers
    who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects, or those