Re: XCode convert Questions

From: Greg (ghuland..ramedphotographics.com)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 18:53:25 EDT

    Hi Susanne,
    Thanks for the reply.

    On 21/04/2005, at 7:57 PM, Susanne Schneider wrote:
    > This depends on the search path of the application (which is set from
    > WOLips automatically, look in the output at startup for the setting of
    > "NSSearchPath"). If your application will find the resources at the
    > specified location, the rapid-turnaround will work. Mostly this
    > functions better with the incremental builder instead of the
    > ant-builder (project-properties).

    This is the output from start up:
      2005-04-22 08:48:44,260 DEBUG -[-:- -] NSLog
    (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) - NSProjectSearchPath=(..,../..)

    Wouldn't the src folder or the bin folder need to be listed here? Where
    can I set the path to include it?

    > With this point I have difficulites too. It depends on a variety of
    > options.
    >
    > The first is that the WOBuilder demands import statements in the
    > java-files with "*" at the end: So it must be:
    > import com.webobjects.foundation.*;
    > instead of:
    > import com.webobjects.foundation.NSArray;
    > even if you need only one classes. The import statements can be very
    > comfortably organized by Eclipse, but be shure to have set the number
    > of classes needed for the import of whole packages to "1" or "0" (this
    > can be set somewhere in the preferences).

    I always do this as I'm too lazy to type the specific class that is
    importing.

    > Another point is, that the PB.project files must be correct and in
    > sync with your application. This can be done by WOLips (if it
    > complaines, check manually to do not have any syntax errors).

    I have done this numerous times, but to no avail.

    > One more point: the name of your project in the PB.project file must
    > be the same as from the "deployed" application. (I am handling
    > different versions of the same application in Eclipse, so I needed to
    > change the Eclipse-project names. This results in WOLips changing my
    > application name in the PB.project file. I need to change that back
    > manually.)

    Yep it is the same name.

    > The last point seems to be that all referenced frameworks must to be
    > in the direct neighbourhood of the application to get all custom
    > methods loaded. That is the point which I could not get to work
    > because the Frameworks are put together in a separate directory.
    > (Well, in german I would say "irgendwas ist immer" ;-)

    I don't have any frameworks, just the application.

    > Try to customize the filters to hide the complete "bin" directory. You
    > will rarely find a situation where you will need it directly.

    How do I do this. I am new to eclipse so I'm not sure where to do this?

    Regards,
    Greg