Re: XCode convert Questions

From: Susanne Schneider (Susanne.Schneide..nterActive-Systems.de)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 06:46:41 EDT

    Hello Greg,

    Greg schrieb
    > This is the output from start up:
    > 2005-04-22 08:48:44,260 DEBUG -[-:- -] NSLog
    > (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) - NSProjectSearchPath=(..,../..)
    >
    > Wouldn't the src folder or the bin folder need to be listed here? Where
    > can I set the path to include it?

    The search path should point to the directory of your application where
    the worked on components resides. Your ouput is saying, that the
    application will search for the *.wo directory one and two directories
    above your working directory. This is the normal place. If you have a
    structure like this:

    - Project
    --- ProjectPage.wo
    --- Main.wo
    --- *.wo
    --- src
    ----- Application.java
    ----- ProjectPage.java
    ----- Session.java
    ----- *.java
    --- bin
    ----- Application.class
    ----- *.class
    --- build
    ----- Project.woa
    ------- Project.cmd
    ------- Project

    and you are starting your application from within the build directory,
    all should be fine. Did your structure differ much from this example?

    > I always do this as I'm too lazy to type the specific class that is
    > importing.

    Be cautious with this feature, it will eliminate not-used imports:
    There was another mention on the list (if I remeber correct), try to
    allways import com.webobjects.foundation, com.webobjects.eoaccess,
    com.webobjects.eocontrol, com.webobjects.appserver even if they are not
    needed.

    > I don't have any frameworks, just the application.

    Than that should not cause problems ;-)

    >> Try to customize the filters to hide the complete "bin" directory. You
    >> will rarely find a situation where you will need it directly.
    >

    > How do I do this. I am new to eclipse so I'm not sure where to do this?
    I don't know which version of Eclipse you are using, in version 2.1.3
    there is a small triangle at the top of the "Package Explorer" view
    where you can customize the filters for the display. Just play around in
    Eclipse and try to get familier with the essential features.

    Good luck!
    Susanne

    --
    Susanne Schneider
    Coordinator secuSuite Development

    iAS interActive Systems GmbH Dieffenbachstraße 33 c, D-10967 Berlin

    fon +49(0)30 69 004 - 143 fax +49(0)30 69 004 - 101 mail susanne.schneide..nterActive-Systems.de web http://www.interActive-Systems.de