Re: extending classpath for deployment

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 11:58:12 EDT

    On Apr 22, 2005, at 8:22 AM, Susanne Schneider wrote:

    > Hi Chuck,
    >
    > many thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Chuck Hill wrote:
    >> WO apps launched with WOBootstrap will automatically load all jars in
    >> /Library/WebObjects/Extensions. That will do what you want for
    >> deployment.
    > Thats just the feature I want to avoid:

    Oh. :-)

    > there will be different set of applications which may require
    > different versions of libraries. So it would be comfortable to be able
    > to name the libraries on a per-application basis.

    In that case, a framework is what I would do. I can think of two
    options in case you are highly motivated to avoid a framework:

    1. Get WOStartup (or WOStart?) from the WOProject site. This is an
    opensource alternative to WOBootstrap. You could modify it to load the
    jars from anywhere you like.

    2. Add some Ant tasks to the build.xml file to add the classpaths to
    the jar files to the generated classpath files under
    AppName.woa/Contents/<OS Name>

    Chuck

    --
    Practical WebObjects - a book for intermediate WebObjects developers
    who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects, or those