Re: D2W and CooperatingEditingContext: Can anybody use together? SOLVED

From: gbrown (gbrow..57.nuc.ann-arbor.med.va.gov)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 08:58:37 EDT

    It declares useful methods that an EObject must then implement which
    work with the CooperatingEditingContext, which is an extension of a
    regular ec. These methods will be called by the
    CooperatingEditingContext to notify the EObject that various phases or
    states have been or are about to be achieved, e.g.:

     /**
         * Called before saveChanges is invoked on super (EOEditingContext).
         * This would allow things such as setting the dateModified before
    saving an
         * EO.
         */
       public void willUpdate(){ // save modified timestamp
                setRlastModified(new NSTimestamp());
                return;
        }

    I use it mostly for timestamps for when database records/EObjects are
    modified.

    It comes from the excellent book "Practical WebObjects". You can look at
    the java files if you go to www.apress.com, but it is REALLY worth it to
    get the book as well.