Re: using woproject with more complex directory structure

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odebase.ca)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 16:21:38 EDT

    On May 4, 2005, at 4:13 PM, Will Norris wrote:

    > Well I'm back at it again, and have run into a few more problems..
    > Whenever I open a wocomponent in WOBuilder, I get a little message in
    > the top right corner "could not find project" and there is nothing in
    > the bottom half of my screen where the class variables should be.
    > Additionally, when I try to add a custom wocomponent none of mine show
    > up in the "WebObjects class to use" dropdown box. I'm sure this has
    > to do with my PB.project file, but i'm not 100% sure how to go about
    > fixing it.
    >
    > Do you recommend using the PB project file or Xcode project file?
    > (Different recommendations between Panther & Tiger? WO5.2.3 and
    > WO5.2.4?)

    If your dev platform requires Xcode (ie: Panther, or Tiger), you
    should use the Xcode project file. That can be handled using the
    XcodeIndex task.

    <http://www.objectstyle.org/woproject/ant/xcodeindex.html>
    <http://david.codebase.ca/index.php?p=158>

    > Does each subproject need a project file in it? If so, does that mean
    > each subproject also needs a build.xml to contain the ant targets
    > which generate that project file?

    I haven't used any subprojects yet so I don't have anything to add
    here. I'd love to know though.

    ;david

    --
    David LeBer