Re: using woproject with more complex directory structure

From: Brendan Duddridge (brenda..lickspace.com)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 00:09:40 EDT

    Ya, I don't want to have to have Xcode running all the time just to get my
    variables to show in WOBuilder. That sucks. Why didn't Apple put in a
    backwards compatibility mode to read the PB.project file?

    Anyway, I think the reason why it works this way is that Xcode uses an
    application to application procedure call system to communicate with
    WebObjects Builder. WOB asks Xcode directly what variables are available to
    it. In order to get this functionality to work in Eclipse, I think WOB would
    have to be tricked into thinking Eclipse is Xcode and Eclipse would have to
    have a plug-in to emulate the API provided by Xcode.

    Just my thoughts on this. It sucks though. I really don't want to have Xcode
    open using up resources all the time. Especially since someone posted
    something on the WO list about how Xcode can start using up lots of CPU
    communicating with EOModeler. I guess EOModeler uses the same technique as
    WOB.

    Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 | brenda..lickspace.com

    ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
    Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
    Calgary, AB T2G 0V9

    http://www.clickspace.com