Re: WOLips, WO5.2.4, but no Xcode running

From: Greg (ghuland..ramedphotographics.com)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 00:50:59 EDT

    I have Xcode running all the time. I personally don't care about
    memory - when you have 4GB, it is not much concern. The only problem
    I have is that if you quit EOModeller or WO Builder while Xcode is
    running, it goes into an infinite loop (cpu to 100%) and the only way
    is to force quit it. I have filed a feature enhancement to get java
    as a native Xcode target so that we can do away with eclipse. The
    code completion in Xcode is so much quicker than eclipse, but because
    of the way WO apps get built during development makes it so slow that
    it still is not worth using.

    If you can put up with the above problems, then come across to tiger.
    The OS is much faster than panther, but if the majority of work is in
    eclipse, it may not be worth it for you. Best bet would be to get a
    firewire hd and run it off that to test.

    Greg