Re: WebObjects Builder and XCode

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odebase.ca)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 21:25:09 EDT

    On 20-May-05, at 6:50 PM, James Cicenia wrote:

    > Hello -
    >
    > I am thinking about going all Tiger soon. So, the question is what
    > do I have to do if all my projects are now in Eclipse? How would
    > XCode know about my project?
    > Do I do the same patching as before?

    No, absolutely not. The *patch* (more precisely called a *hack*) will
    break many things in Tiger. I know, I tried.

    Implement the <http://www.objectstyle.org/woproject/ant/
    xcodeindex.html> XcodeIndex task. Use Xcode to open your first
    component and then keep Xcode open while you work.

    There is an example here <http://david.codebase.ca/index.php?p=158>

    > - James Cicenia
    >
    > On May 20, 2005, at 5:37 PM, Anjo Krank wrote:
    >

    >> Am 20.05.2005 um 23:38 schrieb Nicolas Parvais:
    >>

    >>> My idea is to write a Eclipse plugin that simulate XCode and send
    >>> to WebObjects information about the Project Descriptor file
    >>> (project.pbxproj) when required.
    >>>

    >> Yeah, right. And try to create world peace while you're at it:)
    >>
    >> Seriously: the communication between PXB and WOBuilders is a
    >> private NSWhateverItsCalled thing. You won't be able to "simulate"
    >> this. And even if you could - which doesn't admit for a second
    >> that you really could - then it would still be a native thing to OSX.
    >>
    >> I don't know what the big deal is anyway. Just leave XCode open
    >> and you're set.
    >>
    >> Cheers, Anjo

    ;david

    --