Re: WebObjects Builder and XCode

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 06:14:07 EDT

    Am 23.05.2005 um 10:40 schrieb Nicolas Parvais:

    > I don't want to use XcodeIndex task every time I add a WO Component
    > or a Class to my project then I'm working on an Eclipse plugin that
    > update project.pbxproj file automatically.
    >
    > The problem is XCode should stay opened. And each time the
    > project.pbxproj file change XCode notify that the Project has
    > changed and you should click on "Read from Disk..." button.
    > Then perhaps there a way to setup Xcode to doesn't notify each time
    > the Project changes. Then I could leave XCode open and work with
    > WOLips and WebObjects Builder without problem.

    Not sure if I understand you correctly, but: if you want the index
    task to run automatically, it will re-create the pbxproj quite often,
    forcing you to re-read it in XCode.

    As creating new components and classes will normally happen not very
    often when you already working on a project, I don't really see the
    need to update it automatically.

    And the main thing is, that the Ant tasks are not what runs inside
    WOLips. The creation of the pbproj is AFAIK duplicated and is not the
    same as the ant PBIndex task. The same would be needed for the
    XCodeIndex task and I doubt that this is worth the hassle.

    Having said that, feel free to enter this issue in our bugtracker:

      http://objectstyle.org/jira/

    and also feel free to implement it, after all it's open source, isn't
    it?

    Cheers, Anjo