Re: Binding the enter key

From: Valerio Luccio (valerio.lucci..yu.edu)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 12:49:27 EDT

Greg wrote:

> Yep.
>
> Have the submit/save button as a WOActiveButton and the cancel/reset
> button as a WOImage wrapped in a WOHyperlink. In my application I
> have a lot of forms and have a cancel button on the left and a save
> button on the right. Since the cancel is first in the html, it was
> always cancelling on the enter key. This is a workaround to have a
> "default button" type setup.
>
> HTH,
> Greg

This is a better solution, but still not ideal: what if in some pages
you want the "Save" as the default and in others you want another one as
the default ?

I guess the only way is to have at the top of the page an blank button
linked to a "DefaultAction" and each page can reimplement that action
... ugly, but it will work.

--
Valerio Luccio			(212) 998-8736
Center for Brain Imaging	4 Washington Place, Room 158

"In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"