Re: wodclipse

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 11:50:55 EDT

    Hi Mike,
    Am 04.07.2005 um 17:18 schrieb Mike Schrag:

    > 1) split view -- I was trying to decide how I wanted to do this ...
    > I was contemplating just adding a "switch between" button kind of
    > like XCode's button to switch between .c and .h, but the split view
    > might be cool too. I'll have to see how hard this would be.

    It'd be really a boon to have that... The switch would be ok, but you
    normally need both files.

    > 2) .api files -- you're talking specifically just binding support,
    > right? The only tricky part here might be finding .api files for
    > wo's not in your own project (I just need to look at what the API
    > in eclipse is like for this)

    I don't think it's terribly difficult. There can only be at most one
    in all wo frameworks. One would need to check for each framework is
    <classpath.jar>/../Resources/Foo.api exists.

    > 3) most-used elements -- can you give me an example for this one?
    > You mean like a pulldown that has "WOHyperlink" in it and it
    > inserts into the html at the current position and adds empty
    > bindings into the .wod?

    Yep, thatīs what I meant. I have to really type out the <webobjects
    name=somestuff01> in .html *and* .wod. Once it's there, it's much
    simpler.

    > 4) validation -- this is really only possible with api support I
    > think, or is that what you mean? I might actually start using api
    > files if I added this ;)

    I actually meant only that misspelled first level keys should show up
    as warnings ( stuff like 'condition = isMisspeledKey;') which should
    be relatively easy to check. WOBuilder-Type validation is based
    on .api files (example below)

    > 5) wysiwyg -- Um.. yeah :)

    :)

    > Can you explain how ^foo can be resolved? I thought that meant to
    > bind to your parent's foo variable, but in the context of a single
    > wod, I don't know what your parent might be. But then I don't know
    > all the things you can specify in api files.

    The api file is the "contract" of your .wo. It says that you have
    bindings "foo", "bar" and "baz" (and only "foo" and "bar" may be used
    together, but when bar is given, there must be a "baz" Stuff like
    this). Anyway, using ^foo says "use the value that is bound to 'foo'
    in my parent" and this only makes sense if "foo" is a valid binding
    in the first place... so you can verify "foo", it's only that it's
    not in java.

    Cheers, Anjo