Re: wobuilder

From: Timo Hoepfner (th-de..nlinehome.de)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 04:01:06 EDT

    Hi there,

    > Any reason you can think of why we can't/don't-want-to just roll this
    > functionality into the incremental builder also so you don't have to
    > think about it?

    one more thing regarding that: It's not enough to have an up-to-date
    xcode project, but you must have the project opened in xcode to get
    wobuilder to work properly. Otherwise wobuilder shows "could not find
    project" and has no info on keys, actions, etc. This is different from
    the older PB.project, which AFAIK was parsed by WOBuilder itself.

    If you update the project outside of xcode (e.g. by woproject
    xcodeindex task), xcode will prompt if you want to reload the project
    and only after that confirmation wobuilder will see the changes.

    So if the xcodeindex functionality is rolled into the incremental
    builder, you will still have to open the project in xcode and go to
    xcode and confirm reloading the project after making changes.

    Is the way wobuilder communicates with xcode documeted somewhere?

    Timo