Component Engine Tutorial

From: Greg (ghuland..ramedphotographics.com)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 01:16:14 EDT

    I have been having trouble with trying to create new components in
    eclipse and have been reading the source code to figure out why. I am
    still at a loss. I noticed in AbstractEngine that you can have
    templates in ~/Library/WOLips. I created one with the following

    ~/Library/WOLips/template/ShoeBoxComponent/ShoeBoxComponent.api.vm

    and all the other .vm files needed for a component. In the console it
    says it cannot find wocomponent/wocomponent.api.vm, so I renamed
    everything to wocomponent. But now I get this exception, which from
    reading the source code, it seems that it hasn't loaded any templates.

    It would be really good if someone could post some info on how to get
    the template engine working properly.

    Greg

    !ENTRY org.objectstyle.wolips.workbenchutilities 4 4 2005-09-02
    15:12:32.357
    !MESSAGE Internal Error
    !STACK 0
         at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOComponentCreator.createWOComponent
    (WOComponentCreator.java:175)
         at org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOComponentCreator.run
    (WOComponentCreator.java:108)
         at
    org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.execute
    (WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.java:68)
         at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run
    (WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:98)
         at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run
    (Workspace.java:1719)
         at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run
    (WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:110)
         at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread
    (ModalContext.java:346)
         at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run
    (ModalContext.java:291)
         at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run
    (ProgressMonitorDialog.java:447)
         at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WizardNewWOResourcePage.createResourceOpe
    ration(WizardNewWOResourcePage.java:118)
         at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOComponentCreationPage.createComponent
    (WOComponentCreationPage.java:228)
         at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOComponentCreationWizard.performFinish
    (WOComponentCreationWizard.java:96)
         at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed
    (WizardDialog.java:676)
         at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed
    (WizardDialog.java:349)
         at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:
    556)