Re: autoscrolling in wod

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 10:57:20 EDT

    So here's my problem with model-backing wod editor ... I have no idea
    what patterns eclipse uses for the design of an editor model. Some
    of the basic problems are: As you are typing, the model is in an
    invalid state, so the model has to be flexible enough to allow being
    in a totally broken state. Secondly, I'm not really sure how the
    Java model handles mapping from elements in the model back to
    locations in the document. As you type, all the elements after where
    you are typing are moving around. I don't know if the Java model
    parses once and then lazily resolves position changes? Unfortunately
    the code for the java editor is approximately 1 trillion lines long,
    so getting a feel for its fundamental architecture is really tricky.
    I'm trying to decide if I should just be able to dynamically produce
    a model upon request instead of trying to keep them actively in-sync.

    ms