apimodel for element type

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 21:48:00 EDT

    Is there a way to get an ApiModel for an Element Type (i.e.
    "WOHyperlink", a component in a framework, or a component in your
    project)? I want to add in API binding completion into WOD editor,
    but I want to make sure I'm not duplicating effort with the lookup.

    I'm also about just about to check in the new Wod editor. Bunch of
    misc changes:
    * Refactored to be "WodEditor" (vs "WODEditor" to match Api naming)
    * moved into subpackages (.wod.*)
    * added a new WodModel that you can get from an IDocument with
    WodModelUtils
    * updated all your component editor stuff to use the new WodModel
    instead of the misc wod parsing ,etc
    * added in reconciler support for Wods, so syntax errors are caught
    now (though it's not hooked into the builder, so they only show up
    right now when you open a wod for the first time)

    Next up is:
    * Element Type error checking (i.e. does the element type exist, does
    it extend the right class, etc)
    * Unreferenced Element Name error checking (does the element exist in
    the HTML file) -- This probably should be a warning, since it's
    technically legit to have an element name in a wod that does NOT
    exist in html
    * Missing Element Name error checking (does the html reference an
    element that isn't defined)

    I would like to do binding checks, but those are actually impossible
    to do I think. Any component can provide custom implementations of
    KVC or if binding sync is off there may not be methods at all. I
    believe I can validate bindings if you have an API file? Ulrich --
    How hard would it to implement something that actually executes the
    binding validations if I give you a dictionary of binding key/value
    pairs? Not asking you to do it, rather checking to see how hard it
    would be to do given your ApiModel?

    Oh one other thing -- I have some pretty hacky code in
    WodCompletionProcessor that retrieves the list of element names
    defined in <webobject name="xxx"> tags. Is there a cooler way to do
    this just using your api's?

    ms