Command line build

From: Schoenenberger Dominique (dominique.schoenenberge..agra.com)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 08:33:43 EDT

    Hi,

    We're using Eclipse 3.0.1/WOLips 1.1.0.102 on W2K. We're looking for a
    way to automate build of our apps; we have multiple apps, depending on
    multiple frameworks (Wonder's and ours).

    We've read some messages on this list about how to do it, but none
    showed us a clean and easy way to do it, because none of these methods
    re-use information set in Eclipse/WOLips; everytime you need to copy
    information from Eclipse/WOLips into new build.xml files (framework
    dependencies, paths, options, etc.); the .classpath, .project and
    woproject/* files are not used, AFAIK, in these build methods.

    We tried to invoke ant this way:

    ant -Declipse.home=d:/eclipse -Declipse.running=false
    -Dframeworks.dest.dir=${localFrameworkDir} -lib
    ${WOPROJECT_ANT_LIB_PATH}

    but noticed that no class is recompiled, i.e. all classes need to have
    been compiled earlier within Eclipse and put into the bin directory of
    the project folder. Javac is never invoked.
    I found a WOCompile task in WOProject, but which parameters do I need to
    pass? I don't want to have to type the framework names, as I already
    defined the framework dependencies in Eclipse, nor do I want to have to
    type the source files to compile, etc. All the pattern sets files should
    be reused.

    For example, if we use PB, we would simply write:
    cd myFramework
    make clean
    make install
    cd myApp
    make clean
    make install

    I wouldn't have to pass any additional parameter to make, nor would I
    need to write any additional make rules to be able to compile from the
    command-line. Now, how can I do the same using ant?

    Thanks for your enlightments.

    P.-S.
    When will there be a new WOLips release?