api support

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 07:57:22 EDT

    I thought I had posted already, but I can't find the post -- too much
    programming over the weekend I think :)

    Several people have emailed me asking for this -- support for WOD
    binding-name completion based on the API file is in (for project,
    framework, and core components) ... Completely standing on Ulrich's
    shoulders with his API parser :) . There are also a bunch of new
    error checks in the WOD file: check for element names defined in HTML
    but no in WOD, check for element names defined in WOD but not in
    HTML, check for duplicate definition of element names in WOD, check
    for duplicate definition of binding names, check for existence of
    type names + that it is instanceof WOElement, and the usual check for
    proper syntax.

    I don't do API binding validation yet. I can't recall if I asked
    this before, but if you have an API file that defines bindings, can
    you ONLY bind to something defined in the API file or is it the usual
    get/set methods PLUS the bindings defined in the API file?

    And I'm still working the kinks out of the error checking --
    occasionally I manage to get it to freak out a little (I think there
    a certain case where the parser gets greedy and one of the rules
    gobbles up an extra character at the end, which throws everything
    off), but I haven't nailed down the actual repeatable scenario that
    causes it. If you happen to see it and can figure out what causes a
    repeatable case, let me know.

    WOD error checking still is not hooked up to a builder, so you only
    see errors for files that you have opened. Incidentally, would
    people LIKE it to be a builder? The downside is obviously that the
    time to do a build increases. Going forward, any new file you make
    will have the incremental error checking, so this is really only an
    issue for finding errors in existing projects.

    ms