WOComponent file encoding issues with WOComponentEditor

From: David Teran (davidtera..ac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 12:21:54 EDT

    Hi,

    i have a problem with file encodings of my wocomponents. The .wo File
    (the directory) has the normal encoding: Inherited from Container
    (MacRoman). But the .html and the .wod file have a different
    encoding: "Default (determined from content: UTF-16BE)" which is
    absolutely nonsense. AFAIK eclipse tries to guess the file encoding
    and only if the encoding cannot be guessed it uses the encoding from
    the resources' container.

    Is there an easy way to tell eclipse that the file encoding for .html
    and .wod files is -not- any utf stuff? utf encoding does not work
    with CVS so it does not make sense to use this encoding for me. Then
    if i edit a .html file in the WOComponentEditor and save it, its
    unreadable by WOBuilder and also WebObjects itself.

    Any clues? tia

    regards, David