Re: api support

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 22:12:27 EDT

    > I remember a few months back when you were starting the wod editor,
    > you asked about the api's for the builtin components. I was just
    > wondering if you solved it? Did you just copy the plist file from
    > WOBuilder? This is just for curiosity.
    Yep, and yep. The problem was that the xml file that WOBuilder uses
    is actually malformed XML (they use < and > unescaped inside of
    strings -- for instance <count test = "<2">). So I cleaned it up and
    it ships inside of WODclipse plugin now (copyright violation
    possibly? not really sure .. I can't imagine they would care that
    much). So I added in support for parsing and evaluating some of the
    validation rules that it seems like only Apple uses (count,
    ungettable, etc) and it will yell at you if you misuse core
    WOElements. For instance, you can see it in a simple case with
    WOHyperlink -- Make an empty one and it will complain that you
    haven't defined an href binding.

    ms