Re: WOD Builder

From: Greg (ghuland..ramedphotographics.com)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 23:36:12 EDT

    On 15/09/2005, at 1:10 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > That should have just been in a bug from an earlier build that I
    > thought I fixed ... Is it still doing that? I don't know that a
    > clean build will actually fix that -- try deleting your bin and/or
    > deploy folder and that should delete associated markers.

    Done. It got rid of them.

    > Actually is "deploy" the folder that is created by your build.xml?
    > The default is "dist" which I check for. Unfortunately the folders
    > created by ant during the build process aren't actually marked as
    > derived, so I have to special case the lookup by name :( I don't
    > know of a nice way to handle this ...

    Yes that was the case. I just changed the ant build file to be dist
    instead of deploy and all is good.

    What is the cycle for testing a plugin under development in eclipse?
    I would like to contribute a bit more by sending patches, instead of
    just verbal feedback. Do I have to do a full projects build and
    install the plugins, or can I just run a particular plugin via the
    run or debug buttons? I opened Run... to create a new target but
    nothing relating to running a plugin is listed. What am I missing?

    I have just checked out wolips and have followed the instructions on
    the wiki for pde development and get the following errors:

    Severity Description Resource In Folder Location
    Creation Time
    2 Access restriction: The type BrowserTab is not accessible due to
    restriction on required project org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplicationTabGroup.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 96 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type LogTab is not accessible due to
    restriction on required project org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplicationTabGroup.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 95 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type CommonWOArgumentsTab is not
    accessible due to restriction on required project
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplicationTabGroup.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 94 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type LogTab is not accessible due to
    restriction on required project org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplicationTabGroup.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 75 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type CommonWOArgumentsTab is not
    accessible due to restriction on required project
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplicationTabGroup.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 74 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type BrowserTab is not accessible due to
    restriction on required project org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOLocalJavaApplicationTabGroup.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 73 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type
    WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate is not accessible
    due to restriction on required project
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 65 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type
    WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate is not accessible
    due to restriction on required project
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 59 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type
    WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate is not accessible
    due to restriction on required project
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 53 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type WOJavaApplicationLaunchShortcut is
    not accessible due to restriction on required project
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOJavaApplicationLaunchShortcut.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 69 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 Access restriction: The type WOJavaApplicationLaunchShortcut is
    not accessible due to restriction on required project
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching
    ProfiledWOJavaApplicationLaunchShortcut.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.profiling/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    profiling line 60 September 15, 2005 1:11:34 PM
    2 The method getPluginLogger() is undefined for the type
    UIPlugin ResourcesLabelDecorator.java
    org.objectstyle.wolips.playground.ui/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/
    playground/ui line 134 September 15, 2005 1:08:29 PM

    Greg