Reporting and Modelling

From: Greg (ghuland..ramedphotographics.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 08:35:28 EDT

    Hi,
    I have been looking into writing some plugins for eclipse to take
    advantage of some of the tools already available to eclipse. I have
    started to write a data source that connects into EOF to work with
    BIRT (http://www.eclipse.org/birt/) so that we have a gui report
    creator that we can all leverage in our applications. I hope to have
    the data source completed over the weekend, but I will have to create
    the gui for it as the basic way of creating a query with birt is to
    type an sql statement. So I have decided to create a fetch spec
    builder, with qualifier creator so that it can be done like it is in
    EOModeller. Because there would be a lot of reuse of the ui between
    this and an eomodeller replacement for eclipse, I thought I would
    solicit peoples views of what they would like out of a new
    eomodeller? Do you want the layout to be the same as the current one,
    but just work properly? Or do you want it to be more graphically
    oriented, like how it seems they are doing it with Xcode?

    I would really appreciate peoples views and comments.

    Regards,
    Greg