RE: Runtime Class Provider errors

From: Watkins, Garry (gwatkin..otleyrice.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 09:18:29 EDT

    Here is the copy of the e-mail that I sent originally. I have also
    included the files. They are not submitted as a patch file, I had to
    pretty much totally re-write both classes. The answer to your question
    is Yes, I have a framework in my /Library/Frameworks
    (C:\Apple\Local\Library\Frameworks on windows XP) and as a eclipse
    project, that way I don't have to build and install the framework after
    each time I change it. I normally set up my business logic in it's own
    frameworks, and I have some shared frameworks that I use on multiple
    projects.

    Thanks
    Garry

    I have attached two files for updating the RuntimeClassProvider for
    launching WOApps. The problem with the current launcher is that if you
    have included multiple frameworks from other eclipse projects, is that
    it will include some of the same jars multiple times. Then when it
    would go through and start initializing the frameworks, and throw an
    error complaining about a duplicate framework.

    For Example:

    Application A - references FrameworksB, FrameworksC & FrameworksD (as
    eclipse projects)

    FrameworksB - references FrameworksC

    FrameworksC - references FrameworksD

    FrameworksD

    When generating the classpath for application A it would generate
    something similar to this.

    C:/workspace/A/A/Contents/Resources/Java
    C:/workspace/B/B.framework/B.framework/Contents/Resources/Java/b.jar
    C:/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks/C.framework/C.framework/Contents/Resou
    rces/Java/c.jar
    C:/workspace/C/C.framework/C.framework/Contents/Resources/Java/c.jar
    C:/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks/D.framework/D.framework/Contents/Resou
    rces/Java/d.jar
    C:/workspace/D/D.framework/D.framework/Contents/Resources/Java/d.jar
    C:/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks/B.framework/B.framework/Contents/Resou
    rces/Java/b.jar
    C:/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks/C.framework/C.framework/Contents/Resou
    rces/Java/c.jar
    C:/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks/D.framework/D.framework/Contents/Resou
    rces/Java/d.jar
    Other Apple Stuff

    I have been using the code for a couple of months now, it has been
    stable.

      _____