Re: WOD Feedback

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 22:05:01 EDT

    Someone else requested autocompletion to be enabled ... ':' is a
    particularly tricky one. If you notice, I don't enable completion
    until you have typed at least one character after a ':' because
    having NO characters means your completion list has to search every
    single class. Eclipse actually caches types, so it should only be
    the first time you complete an element type that is PARTICULARLY
    slow. I generally don't complete until the 3rd character for
    types ... Caching internally is kind of tricky, though, because I
    have to keep it in sync as classes change.

    As far as required bindings, I might be able to do it for the simple
    cases, but doing the "or" cases I probably won't -- API validation
    quickly gets complicated with things like :

         <validation message="if either 'selection' or 'value' is bound,
    then both must be bound">
           <and>
             <or>
               <bound name="selection"/>
               <bound name="value"/>
             </or>
             <count test="&lt;2">
               <bound name="selection"/>
               <bound name="value"/>
             </count>
           </and>
         </validation>

    But if you have a simple "and", then I can do it.

    On Sep 15, 2005, at 9:56 PM, Greg wrote:

    > I have not long filed the bug reports. I thought you might be
    > asleep. I also filed this enhancement:
    >
    > In the wod editor it would be good to have completion on
    > automatically when you hit the ':' and once completed, insert the
    > opening and closing brace. When invoking manually it takes a while
    > to generate the list of completions so a cache would be needed to
    > speed it up. It would also be good if required bindings are also
    > entered with placeholder values. eg
    >
    > hasSomeCondition: WOConditional {
    > condition = placeholder;
    > }
    >
    > If in the api file there are conditional bindings then each
    > conditional group gets listed so all you have to do is delete the
    > grouping which is not needed. eg.
    >
    > salesRep: WORepetition {
    > item = placeholder;
    >
    > list = placeholder;
    > /* or */
    > count = placeholder;
    > }
    >
    > Greg
    >
    > On 16/09/2005, at 11:43 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >

    >> #1 Appears to be a bug with MPE ... The workaround for this
    >> (admittedly really annoying) is to click on the HTML editor, then
    >> click back on wod editor and then you can cmd-s. Drives me crazy :)
    >>
    >> #2 Yeah this was reported to me privately as well ... Looking into it
    >>
    >> #3 Odd. I'll check it out.
    >>
    >> On Sep 15, 2005, at 8:33 PM, Greg wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hi Mike,
    >>> I am using 2.0.0.48. I did a clean of the project. I have to say
    >>> that it is really good to see errors that have actual meaning now
    >>> that all the parser errors have disappeared. Below is what I have
    >>> found testing it. I will file bugs if you like.
    >>>
    >>> 1. You cannot save the wod file in the component editor using
    >>> command-s, using cmd-shift-s works. Though I have noticed that
    >>> sometimes it does work. After deleting an element from the wod
    >>> file and then hitting cmd-s does not seem to work.
    >>>
    >>> 2. Fully qualified element names produce an error. For example
    >>>
    >>> Template : com.my.package.to.component.Template {
    >>> title = "Hello World";
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>> Web Objects allows you to have a fully qualified component name
    >>> incase you have components with the same in different packages /
    >>> frameworks. Currently the wod parser is showing an error on this.
    >>>
    >>> 3. This is one thing I came across when scrolling through the
    >>> error list.
    >>>
    >>> ERPPieChart1: ERPPieChart
    >>> {
    >>> nameKey = "group";