Re: WOD Feedback

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 22:28:08 EDT

    This seems wrong to me. I can't find a spec anywhere on how to
    properly interpret validations, but the way i read this, the
    following is the requirement to use this component:

    (items bound && nameKey bound && valueKey bound) || dataset bound

    so to figure out when we show that validation error, we negate that,
    which gives us

    (items unbound || nameKey unbound || valueKey unbound) && dataset
    unbound

    which gives us:

    <and>
       <or>
         <unbound name = "items"/>
         <unbound name = "nameKey"/>
         <unbound name = "valueKey"/>
       </or>
       <unbound name = "dataset"/>
    </and>

    Because right now, if only dataset is bound, then all three of items,
    nameKey, and valueKey would be unbound, which would trip the first
    part of the original <or>.

    But my brain hurts every time I try to read these things. Something
    about the validation requiring the negation forces me to focus all my
    energy to figure out what the rules are supposed to be.

    ms