Re: requests?

From: Dov Rosenberg (dov.rosenber..onviveon.com)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 23:59:04 EDT

    Running off at the keyboard....

    It would be useful to be able to have wolips embed a version type of
    resource into the code that it would auto maintain. There is nothing in Java
    that makes versioning easy or intuitive.

    The ANT buildnumber task is a weak attempt at making something useful. Most
    enterprise code needs to be able to support something like:

        major_version.minor_version.patch_release.build_number

        7.3.1.45

    Embedding this type of functionality into the build process would be very
    useful.

    Another thought is to add some more intelligence into the build process and
    to clean up the patch process. We have basically built our own deployment
    ANT scripts to give us finer grained control over the structure of the
    build. We deploy everything as servlets.

    I also really miss the WOStatistics display from Monitor. A better
    diagnostic component would be pretty useful (probably more for Wonder than
    Wolips)

    I think there are lots of neat value add things that would make WO
    development much better than generic Java development using Eclipse.

    --
    Dov Rosenberg
    Conviveon/Inquira