Re: wod editor changes

From: Colin Shreffler (colin.shreffle..arp9software.com)
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 18:03:48 EDT

    Mike:

    Is there any support in WOComponent Editor to insert component objects via
    some utility? Or do you have to do everything manually: put the <webobject>
    tag in your HTML source and then define the corresponding entry in the woo
    file manually as well?

    I've been trying to get the WOBuilder integration to work while having xcode
    open in the back ground, but I have been running into problem after problem.
    In the interest of actually getting something accomplished for my project,
    I'm going to have to abandon it.

    I'm willing to give the WOComponent Editor a try as it seems to be the most
    supported way of doing things in WOLips. Are there tutorials out there that
    would help me?

    Thanks,
    Colin

    On 10/9/05 8:10 AM, "Mike Schrag" <mschra..dimension.com> wrote:

    > I'm curious to hear some feedback on the new changes for wod editor:
    >
    > 1) I added support for bindings for api files that define types (like
    > number format, date format) like WOBuilder has -- It will offer "%m/%
    > d/%Y", etc for date types. The issue w/ this is that you take a
    > performance hit to lookup the API file for the current type. So
    > feedback #1 is whether you feel like the performance on binding value
    > completion is too slow now? Note that there is only a performance
    > difference prior to the first '.', since static bindings would never
    > be offered as a second, third, etc key path segment. So if you
    > would, do some binding value completions before the update so you get
    > a feel for how fast it is now, then update and see if it's annoying.
    >
    > 2) To try to speed things up, I am now caching API files. The
    > downside of this is that I'm not currently watching for api file
    > CHANGES. The cache is per-editor, so when you open a new Component
    > Editor, you'll get a new cache for that file. So feedback #2 is
    > whether you notice cache freshness issues with binding NAME
    > completion from API files.
    >
    > 3) I no longer show protected or private fields during binding
    > completion. I think this is more correct and cleans up the list a
    > lot. I also no longer show completions starting with an underscore
    > unless you actually TYPE a leading underscore. It appears that every
    > binding with a leading _ generally doesn't want to be shown by
    > default. If this is NOT true, let me know and I can turn this back
    > off. It seems to make the list better.
    >
    > 4) Lastly, for binding value key path completion, if the type of a
    > keypath segment is WOApplication, WOSession, or WODirectAction,
    > instead of showing methods for the supertype hierarchy, I show
    > methods from the ENTIRE type hierarchy (including subtype hierarchy)
    > for that class in the current project. This allows me to show
    > bindings for your Application and Session SUBCLASS rather than just
    > WOSession and WOApplication's bindings. Let me know if this presents
    > a problem as it's definitely a bit of a guessing game to figure out.
    >
    > ms

    Thank you,
    Colin Shreffler
    Principal
    303.349.9010 - cell
    colin.shreffle..arp9software.com

    Warp 9 Software, LLC.
    6791 Halifax Avenue
    Castle Rock, CO 80104

    Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail may be confidential
    and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended to be reviewed by only the
    individual or organization named in the e-mail address. If you are not the
    intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination
    or copying of this e-mail and attachments, if any, or the information
    contained herein, is strictly prohibited.