How to set Windows know MACNAME.local?

From: Jedt Sitthidumrong (sjed..ddaily.com)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 06:30:07 EDT

    Hi, i've got a problem about to set up Win to know a Mac OS X name
    that end with .local. As I know it's from Bonjou / Rendervouz but
    seems like Win isn't know at all.

    Suppose the server named myserver.local / 10.0.0.43. Windows can
    access the website via IP but since I want to implement a Java Web
    Start from WO. It's got an error as my previous post and one of the
    problem I guess is about the domain name resolve...

    I've tried to map the IP with the correct name at the "host" file
    inside C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc but it just made my windows
    see http://myserver.local via web browser only. But NO effect at all
    with Java Web Start.

    I'm a lost soul in a WebObjects land... Seems like no-one use
    Direct2Java / Direct2Web... sometime I wonder why... :-(

    Thank you very much
    Jedt Sitthidumrong
    Double-i Studio