Re: binding checks and refactoring

From: Greg Hulands (ghuland..ramedphotographics.com)
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 19:07:52 EDT

    Would it take much effort? I thought if you tried the normal way of
    resolving the key path and it failed, then you could search the class
    heirachy to see if it has a handleQueryWithUnboundKey method. You
    could then see if it specifically handles that key or not. The only
    downside to this would be if the handleQueryWithUnboundKey used a
    dictionary to lookup the key, which would mean that there would be no
    way to tell at compile time if it would resolve. I think this case
    would not be used all that often. Based on my projects, that the
    majority of key paths used are for walking an object defined in the
    current component, or session or application. If you couldn't get the
    path to resolve in the edge case, then it should be just a warning
    and not an error as it cannot tell either way, until runtime.