Re: WO and MySQL

From: Colin Shreffler (colin.shreffle..arp9software.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 16:28:20 EDT

    Thank you very much to everyone for their advice on this thread.

    As luck would have it, my installation now appears to be working properly.
     I've had one problem after the next; this last problem was with saving
    dates. NSTimestamp was not saving the time portion of a date to the
    database, it was getting stripped off.

    So after receiving much advice and assistance through this distribution
    list, I decided to give it another shot. So I started up the project ran
    a quick test to convince myself that it really WASN'T working and found...

    WHAM! It IS working! Go figure. Such has been my learning experience
    with WebObjects and PostgreSQL :)

    I really do appreciate your help. Until the next problem... :)

    Thanks again.
    -c

    > Hi Colin
    >
    > On 17/10/2005, at 3:25 AM, Colin Shreffler wrote:
    >
    >> I’m working on my first WO project. I’ve been trying to get it to
    >> work with
    >> PostgreSQL for some time because I believe it to be a great RDBMS, but
    >> continue to have problems. One step forward, one step back, etc.
    >> I’ve
    >> tried to use Project Wonder to solve these issues, but continue to
    >> have
    >> problems... I’m getting fed up!
    >
    > As Anjo mentioned, it'd be good to know exactly what problems you're
    > having.
    >
    > I'm using PostgreSQL without any problems.
    >
    > The trick to getting it working all boils down to the plugin. You'll
    > want to install the PostgresqlPlugIn.EOMplugin and the
    > PostgresqlPlugIn.framework and the correct locations (/Developer/
    > EOMBunles, Library/Frameworks respectively) and make sure to
    > reference the framework in your project.
    >
    > The one thing to be aware of when using the current version of the
    > Project Wonder (and even the HexDreams version) of the
    > PostgresqlPlugIns is that if you decide to use the "serial" column
    > type for your primary keys (i.e., selecting these in EOModeler for a
    > column) then the plugin won't find the correct column [1].
    >
    > There's an easy fix for this (by editing the source code for the
    > plugin). Otherwise, simply use an int type, choose to create primary
    > key support when generating SQL from EOModeler and you should be right.
    >

    > Let me know if you need more help with this...
    >
    > [1] The postgres serial type automatically creates a sequenced
    > called: <tableName>_<pkColumn>_SEQ whereas the current version of the
    > plugin looks for a sequence called <tableName>_SEQ.
    >
    > with regards,
    > --
    >
    > LD

    Thank you,
    Colin Shreffler
    Principal
    303.349.9010 - cell
    928.396.1099 - fax
    colin.shreffle..arp9software.com

    Warp 9 Software, LLC.
    6791 Halifax Avenue
    Castle Rock, CO 80104

    Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail may be confidential
    and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended to be reviewed by only the
    individual or organization named in the e-mail address. If you are not the
    intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination
    or copying of this e-mail and attachments, if any, or the information
    contained herein, is strictly prohibited.