Re: Building eclipse requires tptp

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 20:56:21 EST

    > If it makes sense, I'm not against TPTP integration. But from what
    > I saw a few weeks ago, there is no "collector" part for OSX so the
    > whole project isn't really useful on that platform. And so - in
    > turn - I'm reluctant to drag in these multi-MB plugins without any
    > clear gain. If TPTP/hyades actually works on OSX then great! But
    > please tell me how...
    Agreed, I hope I didn't come off as harsh in my previous post :) If
    TPTP support is helpful, then that's great. I still think we might
    want to make it a separate set of features that we can allow people
    to install it independently. Same with WTP. If it makes sense,
    that's cool, but I don't know if the complexity is worth the benefits
    at the moment.

    > - setting breakpoints doesn't work (clicking in the gutter doesn't
    > work, the "toggle" context menu does, though
    > - quick-fix doesn't work - expect in the "Problems" view
    > - showing the package when a class is active doesn't work.
    > Workaround: Choose "Show in Explorer"

    Yeah, I believe these are related to multipart ... The big question
    will be whether or not it's possible to get these to work properly.
    I was really disappointed with the Eclipse team's reaction to the
    bugs I filed about MultiEditor -- I hope we have better success with
    Multipart Editor. Incidentally, you can go into preferences and
    disassociate .java/.wod/.html, etc from using the Component Editor
    and associate them with the standalone editors if these are really
    causing you problems.

    ms