Re: Building eclipse requires tptp

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 14:28:29 EST

    Am 05.11.2005 um 12:14 schrieb Ulrich Köster:
    >> If it makes sense, I'm not against TPTP integration. But from what
    >> I saw a few weeks ago, there is no "collector" part for OSX so the
    >> whole project isn't really useful on that platform. And so - in
    >> turn - I'm reluctant to drag in these multi-MB plugins without any
    >> clear gain. If TPTP/hyades actually works on OSX then great! But
    >> please tell me how...
    >
    > One step after the other. The tptp stuff in WOLips is a feature.
    > TPTP is required to build WOLips not to deploy and use WOLips.

    So it's gonna to be replacement of the jmechanic stuff. OK, but how
    exactly is this going to work? Again: last time I checked there was
    no support to run on OSX because of some issues with native code that
    made the collector part not easily doable. Do you have more insight
    on when or how is is going to actually work?

    >> This may or may not be related with the WOD plugin. It's just that
    >> these issues make it a pain to edit components - more than before
    >> all the enhancements, where you'd simply open WOBuilder through
    >> the "Related" view.
    >
    > You're still able to do that.

    Sure. Just have to keep reminding myself that I can do this by un-
    assigning the multi part and re-assign the individual editors.

    >> I'm not really complaining though, the WOD validation alone is
    >> priceless and has helped us improve code quality quite a lot. But
    >> still, actually editing stuff is rather messy at the moment, so
    >> I'd prefer to things to stabilize a bit before adding TPTP just
    >> for fun...
    > As you've mentioned before, there a lot of thing to be fixed in wtp
    > and eclipse. 3.2m3 has a lot of fixes related to the
    > multiwhatevereditor. The WTP is also very busy. Instead of waiting
    > for them, Ive decided to spend some time for the tptp integration.
    > As you may know, we have to find a replacement for jmechanic.

    Actually I didn't know. It was just a few weeks ago that I really
    tried the jmechanic plugin in the first place. Lots of crashes
    related to some swing stuff not working, but otherwise halfway
    usable:) You just need to keep in mind which views you just can´t open.

    Cheers, Anjo