Re: Upgrading ObjectStyle.org Confluence

From: Boris Kraft (boris.kraf..binary.com)
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 05:58:25 EST

    Hi Geoff,

    On 11.11.2005, at 10:54, Geoff Hopson wrote:

    > I just had a look around the Magnolia demo site as well, but couldn't
    > find how the data is stored - is it all stiored on the file system?

    No we store the data on paper cards :-)

    Just kidding. As I always say in the end its nearly always stored
    through the file system - except if you use raw storage with Oracle,
    but I never met anybody who does ;-)

    So, like I mentioned in my last mail, the actual storage is pluggable.
    The really nice thing about that API is that you can easily write
    level-one (read-only) adapters to legacy datasources and have a unified
    access.

    Currently we use a configuration that uses Berkley DB as its storage,
    but that can change any day, it is of little concern for us except that
    its fast, doesn't generate too many files and is solid.

    > It smells as if there is some kind of source control system underneath
    > it - are you using SVN and the JavaSVN bindings?

    No, see above

    > Anyway, it's very nice - congratulations!

    Thanks!
    - Boris
    Magnolia Content Management
    http://www.magnolia.info/