Re: Upgrading ObjectStyle.org Confluence

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 08:30:03 EST

    On Nov 11, 2005, at 1:54 PM, Boris Kraft wrote:
    > The JSR-170 API abstracts from the actual storage, which is one of
    > the huge benefits. For all our websites and applications based on
    > Magnolia, we can simply switch the backend repository
    > implementation by installing a new version (of Magnolia),
    > configuring to use the repository we like, and then activate the
    > content from one Magnolia to the next.

    That's nice, but I guess the point of such flexibility is to allow
    users to select persistence mechanism they want. Is there any plans
    to make it work with PostgreSQL (or any other relational DB)?

    Aside from concerns about running a live site on berkley DB, there
    are a few immediate problems to consider. Even our relatively small
    site (though the traffic can be very high at times) already has
    simple integration needs. A relational database as an integration
    point makes the most sense to me.

    For instance after some tinkering I was able to setup Confluence to
    use Jira logins. So now Jira is a single place where users can
    register and admins can assign them to groups. I'd like to reuse that
    for any new app we may add. Actually single login problem is probably
    the easiest one to solve as Magnolia may use (does it?) J2EE
    security. This is just the feature that we need right away.

    Andrus