Re: Building eclipse requires tptp

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 05:57:51 EST

    Am 13.11.2005 um 09:24 schrieb Ulrich Köster:
    > http://objectstyle.org/woproject/lists/woproject-dev/2005/10/0112.html
    > I need some help porting the tptp agent to darwin.
    >
    > Things to do:
    > - adjust the make files for darwin
    > - create the jni files
    Last time I tried looking into tptp (when it was called hyades), I
    got lost after a few hours. In particular, my impression was that
    there is no "native" collector because of some scheduling problems
    with the G4/G5 and because the sempahores would be non-native.

    And my uneducated guess is that the non-native semas would be dog
    slow - at least they where in a few other profilers I tried so far...
    also actually *finding* the code to port wasn't exactly trivial at
    least I didn't find out where the native stuff resides. If you can
    point me in the right direction, I'll take a look.

    Cheers, Anjo