Re: WO 5.3.1 licensing

From: Christian Mittendorf (christian.mittendor..reenet.de)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 07:14:21 EST

    Hello!

    Am 15.11.2005 um 12:29 schrieb David Teran:

    > afaik with WO 5.3.1 deployment on any platform is allowed, no need
    > to buy any license anymore. At least this is what i understand from
    > the license agreement.

    Do you have a link where I can read the license?

    On http://www.apple.com/webobjects/specs.html you can read:

    ---
    Flexible Deployment
    [...]
    Flexible, low-cost licensing
    	▪ 	Requires only one license per machine, regardless of platform,
    speed, or number of processors
    [...]
    ---

    From my understanding, you still need a license for deployment. Previously, the license was bound to Mac OS X Server only. This has changed now and you are free to deploy your app on any os.

    However, if you check out the license that Apple installs together with WO and Xcode, you'll get the following license "for free":

    WebObjects Deployment 5.3 Unlimited Requests MultiThreading: Yes LoadBalancing: Yes

    I find this "new license" stuff pretty confusing...

    Christian