Re: WO 5.3.1 licensing

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 07:20:03 EST

    I agree with Anjo. I was going to reply to the parent with a similar
    comment.

    IANAL (and don't want to be one), but doing open source work nowadays
    requires thinking about legal implications. My thinking here is that
    developing a WebObjects application outside of Mac OS is not subject
    to any Apple license at all. Dev tools are WOLips, Eclipse and Java
    compiler. None belong to Apple.

    In other words Apple can't prohibit anyone from typing arbitrary
    character sequences in a text editor, even if such sequences happen
    to be Java code that uses WebObjects API.

    In fact even if WOLips relies on some Apple API internally (I haven't
    looked lately), then WOLips itself is just a deployed WebObjects
    application, i.e. covered by cross-platform deployment license.

    Andrus