Re: WO 5.3.1 licensing

From: David Teran (davidtera..ac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 07:35:08 EST

    > Do you have a link where I can read the license?

    No, but Anjo helped me: just download xcode 2.2, open the installer =20
    package and -there- you find the license, presented by the =20
    Installer.app.

    > On http://www.apple.com/webobjects/specs.html you can read:
    > ---
    > Flexible Deployment
    > [...]
    > Flexible, low-cost licensing
    > =E2=96=AA Requires only one license per machine, =

    regardless of platform, =20

    > speed, or number of processors
    > [...]
    > ---
    >
    > =46rom my understanding, you still need a license for deployment. =20
    > Previously, the license was bound to Mac OS X Server only. This has
    > =20=
    >

    > changed now and you are free to deploy your app on any os.
    >
    > However, if you check out the license that Apple installs together =20
    > with WO and Xcode, you'll get the following license "for free":
    >
    > WebObjects Deployment 5.3 Unlimited Requests MultiThreading: Yes =20
    > LoadBalancing: Yes
    >
    > I find this "new license" stuff pretty confusing...

    Me, too. But, in the license agreement i cannot find a hint that =20
    forces me to a unique license for each server where i deploy woapps. =20
    Also, as its not possible to buy wo directly i need to buy mac os x =20
    (server), then i get a license. And afaik i do not need to buy 1 mac =20
    os x (server) package for each server where i deploy a wo 5.3.1 app.

    regards, David