classpath

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 11:44:55 EST

    I just ran into an interesting problem that I thought I'd document in
    case anyone else hits it ... I was opening an old project and was
    having really strange classpath problems (exception being thrown from
    NSBundle because of I had a framework and its eclipse project
    equivalent both in my project's classpath). When I checked out
    the .classpath file, I noticed that it was using the old wolips
    classpath format ( you can identify it because it has a lot of "/1/0/
    null" looking phrases in it). The fix for this is to switch it for
    the NEW wolips classpath. I cheated and just copied a new one from
    another similar project as a baseline, but I suspect you could remove
    the WebObjects Frameworks classpath entry and readd it and have the
    same effect. The new format is / separated but does not have /1/0/
    null's in it. This fixed two problems I was seeing -- I am now
    allowed to have both the framework and the eclipse project for the
    framework in the classpath, and it fixed the regression where
    JavaWOExtensions would be checked in Local and System in the
    WebObjects frameworks classpath editor view.

    It was weird enough that I thought others might find this useful in
    case you run into it sometime later ...

    ms