Re: How to install an application!?

From: Miguel Arroz (arro..uiamac.com)
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 06:21:01 EST

    Hi!

       And how do you compile the classes on a headless server (without
    eclipse)? I could copy them .class files from my computer to the
    server, but editing the .xml file to do that would be better. The
    problem is I don't know how to do it! :( I has hoping the Eclipse IDE
    would take care of that for me, so that I could just type "ant" and
    "ant install" and everything would just work.

       Yours

    Miguel Arroz

    On 2005/12/24, at 03:21, Marc Respass wrote:

    > If you take a look at the build.xml file, you will notice that it
    > does not actually compile any classes. Select Project > Build
    > Project or turn on "Build Automatically" and Eclipse will compile
    > the classes to your bin directory. The ant build file just puts
    > together the WebObjects app.
    >
    > hope this helps
    > Marc
    >
    > On Dec 23, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Miguel Arroz wrote:
    >
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I'm totally lost here... I have an app made in Eclipse using
    >> WOLips. Now, I'm trying to install it on a remote server, using
    >> ant, but with absolutely no sucess. When I "ant build", no classes
    >> are compiled to the bin directory.
    >>
    >> What's happening here?
    >>
    >> Yours
    >>
    >> Miguel Arroz
    >>
    >> "GUERRA E' PAZ
    >> LIBERDADE E' ESCRAVIDAO
    >> IGNORANCIA E' FORCA" -- 1984
    >>
    >> Miguel Arroz
    >> http://www.ipragma.com

    "We have no sympathy for the lost souls
    We've chosen the path of disgrace
    We give this life to our children
    And teach them to hate this place" -- Apocalyptica, Life Burns!

    Miguel Arroz
    http://www.ipragma.com